Saturday, June 2, 2012

enjoying the impractical.

cheers to summer.


did you feel it today?
were you in it?
were you all about it?
were you absorbed?


on days like these my 
{sometimes too serious}
soul
needs to be reminded
to do things.
just to do them.


somedays my
{often too serious}
soul
needs to be reminded
to be a bit less practical
and just
enjoy.


lucky for me.
i have friends who help
my soul
remember
to
play.


and enjoy
the impractical.


so instead of going out
to get some practical
food item like breakfast, 
lunch or dinner.
she & i went to get
(of all impractical things)
a sweet.


at this place...



yum indeed!

while i've had a few treats
from this fabulous
establishment over the years,
i'd never before set foot in
their cafe.

and boy oh boy have i been
missing out.

so
one fork-full at at time,
as summer surrounded us
this
{sometimes a little too serious}
soul
was gently reminded to
forget about all the things
she wasn't doing 
and instead
kick her feet up,
grab a fork

and just enjoy.






cheers.
to sweets.
to my friends who teach me.
to enjoying the impractical.


oh and 
dear summer... 
cheers to you.


- n.



2 comments: