Monday, February 21, 2011

young friend

i got a great reminder.
today.
in my inbox.
from my friend.


a few years
set themselves between us.
but time...
[as mary oliver teaches me daily]
its just another idea.


whenever i am with this friend.
or get to read
a few of her words
on my computer screen i am reminded
why
it is so important to have
friends in different
seasons of life.


she reminds me.
about what it means to be sixteen
heading to twenty-three.

and even though i think i 
tell myself everyday...
sometimes coming from my 
friend
in the middle of her teens.
i am caused to pause
in a new way.
by the wisdom
that her words hold.


natalie, explore! explore! explore!
stay young and enjoy the ride.
life moves fast.

yes friend you are so right.
and i will.
explore,
stay young,

 and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment