Saturday, May 7, 2011

some favorite things

dear mom.

somethings i really like to do
with you.
and only you...


like getting up early to
share a cup of tea.


like pulling up our pant-legs 
mid-march,
to show
neither of us
wearing socks.


like shopping,
wandering around
and enjoying the beauty
of lovely things.


like red shoes.
stealing...
oh i mean
...
borrowing.
borrowing each others 
coveted shoe finds.


like morning walks
through the woods
behind the house of my childhood.


like dreaming about the future
and what it could hold
for both of us.


like telling you all about
the things that
seem to be running around
in my brain.


like riding in your
car
with the top down
and singing along to our 
favorite musicals
for all to hear.


so today.
as mother's day approaches.
i just want to say,
thanks for being my mom.
thanks for choosing to wear
this title:
mother.


you bear it well.
you've pursued it beautifully.
i admire that it is but
one of the many titles
you bear
that make up who you are.


so thanks.
because i really enjoy
being your
daughter.


and being the one
who gets to remind you
of this choice you made,
every time
i call you...




"mom".


love & love.
your daughter,


me.

1 comment:

  1. I like your favorites and I share them with you. There is no place that your absence is not noticed as I experience these parts of home without you.
    Yes I have a new pair of red shoes that I can't wait to search for when you are in the house...

    ReplyDelete